Funding & Financing
EXIST Transfer of Research
EXIST Transfer of Research supports particularly research-intensive projects in two funding phases of 18 months each on the way to founding and further developing a company. In the first phase, up to 250,000 euros and a maximum of four additional staff positions as well as infrastructure and supporting coaching services are provided. Applications are always possible on 31.1. or 31.7. of a year (deadlines).
Who is being funded?
- Research teams at the university with ...
- up to 3 scientists and technical assistants
- one person with business management competence
What is being funded?
- Research results with the potential to be the basis and goal of an innovative startup. In concrete terms, funding is provided for:
- Funding is provided both for development work to prove the technical feasibility
- Development of prototypes
- Elaboration of a business plan, with the aim of setting up a company
How is support provided?
- Monetary support:
- Payroll costs for a maximum of 4 staff positions (orientation to TV-L)
- Material expenses and costs for student assistants up to a total of 250,000 euros
- Infrastructure: Free use of laboratory space at the university and, if required, free office space in the Startup-Inkubator Mitte or Adlershof
- Know-How: Free coaching and consulting by the start-up service, EXIST seminar "Founder Team" as well as integration into the start-up ecosystem of the Humboldt University of Berlin
- Duration of scheme: Up to 18 months
How to apply??
- Please arrange a non-binding initial consultation appointment with us. Together we can define the next steps on the way to a successful application.