The event series "Science Meets Business" organized by Humboldt-Innovation and the Service Center Research of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin offers university researchers and representatives from companies (but also from the public sector) a platform for a topic-specific exchange on applied research. The aim is to initiate joint projects.
The presentation of current research results, the introduction of existing development issues and the in-depth discussions among the participants help them to develop ideas for possible cooperation and thus make use of existing innovation potential. Researchers of the university as well as interested companies can contact us at any time with suggestions for topics.
On the 9th of December 2020 the topic is going to be - Natural Language Processing for Corporate Communications
Chatbots, automated customer service via phone, sentiment analysis and intelligent content generation for effective marketing campaigns: several applications of Natural Language Processing (NLP) are already successfully used in corporate communications nowadays, and the areas of its application are constantly expanding. With this event we offer the researchers and company representatives working on applications of the machine processing of natural language for corporate communications a platform for discussing current NLP developments and exploring possibilities for cooperation.
- Introduction // Jan Eggert, Innovation Manager, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- AI and Language Technology for Customer Communications: selected project examples // Dr. Georg Rehm, Speech and Language Technology Lab, DFKI
- FLAIR: an Easy-to-Use Framework for State-of-the-Art NLP // Dr. Alan Akbik, Professor für Maschinelles Lernen, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Creatext: Text suggestions for productivity boost // Jérôme Bau, CTO & Gründer Creatext
- Aaron.AI: AI for Customer Service // Iwan Lappo-Danilewski, CTO & Gründer von Aaron.AI
- Ubermetrics Technologies: AI-driven Content Intelligence // Patrick Bunk, CEO & Gründer Ubermetrics Technologies
- Deploying a virtual assistant for citizen communication during the coronavirus pandemic and further applications of language processing in public services // Tino Eilenberger, Unternehmensstrategie und Architektur, ITDZ Berlin und Dr. Matti Große, Innovationsmanager, ITDZ Berlin
- Networking Session
- End of Event