Do you believe that capacity building is a major challenge in development issues? Are you passionate about active training and facilitation in a wide range of topics with different kinds of learners? This 2-week intensive course is addressed to practitioners in international cooperation who wish to improve and extend their training and facilitation skills.
By the end of the course participants will have a good knowledge of how to design, prepare, organize, conduct and evaluate training sessions. They will be able to translate specific training needs into appropriate training objectives and practical training activities. Participants will have practised participatory techniques and methods for all phases of training events, building their individually tailored training toolkit. Moreover, a critical reflection on different training approaches, as well as on trainers’ attitudes and communication skills will help participants to improve their individual style and gain confidence in delivering trainings.
- Principles of adult learning
- Training needs assessments, pre-test questionnaires, training objectives
- From topics to content: how to design training modules and detailed training plans
- Training logistics and learning environments
- Introduction to the facilitation of virtual trainings
- Visualization and presentation skills
- Trainers´ toolkit: review and practical exercises with different tools for active trainings
- Icebreakers, warm-ups and energizers
- Reflection on trainers’ personality
- Group dynamics in trainings
- Training in an intercultural context
- How to evaluate trainings and the impact of training initiatives
The training course takes place at the Centre for Rural Development (SLE), Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Course hours are from 9.00 am until 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday unless otherwise noted. The tuition fee is 1650,- euros per participant. If you enrol before June 1st 2020, the Early Bird tuition fee applies: 1350.- euros.
- 10-days training course
- Catering during coffee breaks
- Certificate of participation
Individual costs for travel, accommodation, visa fees, insurance and personal allowances are not included.